New Year, New You – Your Portion This Year is Already Secure - 30 DAY CHALLENGE

New Year, New You – Your Portion This Year is Already Secure
Been there, done that, huh?  Me too.   The good news is, you were made the “New You” the moment you became His.  It is finished.  Let’s consider how that effects intentions you lay out for yourself this month.
His Love is so deep, so wide, so satisfying…we can know Him so well and just scratch a fraction of the surface of His infinite provision and eternal pleasures that His hand is open and extending to us:

Psalm 16

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
    you make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
    even at night my heart instructs me.
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
    nor will you let your faithful[b] one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Let’s take on January together. Instead of leaning into a Habit that needs to be formed or unformed, let’s just rest in Jesus and let him unfold his riches in us.  Let go of striving where striving doesn’t serve.  Cleave in where holding to center serves.

Reverently respect God, your God, serve him, hold tight [cleave] to him, back up your promises [New Year resolutions] with the authority of his name. He’s your praise! He’s your God! He did all these tremendous, these staggering things that you saw with your own eyes. Deuteronomy 10:20 Message

Here is the challenge:
We spend much of our lives running from one event to another. Rarely do we step aside and listen for God to speak directly to us. Take this 30 day intention and dedicate yourself to hearing from Jesus. For 30 days reserve a quiet space for Him.

Read ~~~ slowly the scripture of the day and listen for God's message to you. Breath each word in, each word out. Make it a part of you.

Respond~~~ to the music on your mat or meditating on the song. Step outside your immediate concerns for the day and focus your attention on knowing Jesus and seeking his guidance.

Reflect~~ In this unhurried time write down the impression you received from the scripture or the song. Look for a special word, phrase or thought that seems to speak directly to you and your life. Pray and give thanks to the lord for speaking with you and seek to make His message real in your life today.

Join us on Facebook – Mandi Peek and/or Holy Yoga



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psychological Approach or Spiritual Approach?

Boundaries you Cannot See And Cannot Ignore

A Tale of Two Disturbing Poems