Mandi on Mindfulness: Thirds Breaths And Breath Prayers

Thirds Breaths And Breath Prayers
Keep mouth closed – only breathe through nose throughout this exercise.

• Take the fullest breath that is comfortable for you. Fill the whole container of your body with breath. You can think of Filling your belly, flaring your rib cage, and flooding your collar bones with breath

• When you begin to exhale - KEEP LIPS SEALED, BREATHE THROUGH NOSE ONLY

• Exhale a third of your breath and pause

• Exhale the second third of your breath and pause

• Exhale out the whole last third of your breath and empty your lungs of breath completely
You can stop here…or
As you do so, focus on one of these breath prayers-most are just ones I have made up…and make up your own. As you inhale, claim the first phrase over yourself (e.g. Speak, Lord), as you exhale, claim the second phrase (e.g. Your servant is listening).
·     Speak, Lord/Your servant is listening
·     Come/Lord Jesus
·     Be Still/Know
·     My heart says, “seek your face”/ Your face Lord I will seek
·     I am here/Yes
·     Let your promises ring from my lips/yes
·     I recognize the sound of your voice/yes
·     Lord Jesus/Have mercy on me, a sinner (this is noted as the “Jesus Prayer” and has been handed down for hundreds of years in this tradition)
·     Into you hands/I commit my spirit
·     Help me be present/to the One who is always present
·     Hide me/in your shadow
·     Redeem me/Oh God of Truth


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boundaries you Cannot See And Cannot Ignore

Psychological Approach or Spiritual Approach?

A Tale of Two Disturbing Poems