Posture in Prayer matters...Verses that teach posture

Posture Verses

“Stand at attention while I prepare you for your work. I’m making you as impregnable as a castle, Immovable as a steel post, solid as a concrete block wall. You’re a one-man defense system against this culture, Against Judah’s kings and princes, against the priests and local leaders. They’ll fight you, but they won’t even scratch you. I’ll back you up every inch of the way.” God’s Decree.




[Oh, I know, I have been rash to talk out plainly this way to God!] I will [in my thinking] stand upon my post of observation and station myself on the tower or fortress, and will watch to see what He will say within me and what answer I will make [as His mouthpiece] to the perplexities of my complaint against Him. And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets that everyone who passes may [be able to] read [it easily and quickly] as he hastens by. For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day. ...


But she came and, kneeling, worshiped Him and kept praying, Lord, help me!

Come, let us worship Him. Everyone bow down; kneel before the Eternal
who made us.

A Prayer for the Ephesians ] For this reason I kneel before the Father,

Then place it in the Presence of God, your God. Prostrate yourselves in the Presence of God, your God. And rejoice! Celebrate all the good things that God, your God, has given you and your family;

Ezra Takes Charge ] Ezra wept, prostrate in front of The Temple of God. As he prayed and confessed, a huge number of the men, women, and children of Israel gathered around him. All the people were now weeping as if their hearts would break.

So I got up and went out on the plain. I couldn’t believe my eyes: the Glory of God! Right there! It was like the Glory I had seen at the Kebar River. I fell to the ground, prostrate.

Eternal One (to the people): Stand at the crossing, and consider the ancient path, for it is good and it leads to Me. Walk on this path, and you will find rest for your souls. But they have said, “We will not walk upon this road.”


He is ever present with me; at all times He goes before me. I will not live in fear or abandon my calling because He stands at my right hand.

Soon our enemies will collapse and fall, never to return home; all the while, we will rise and stand firm.

ONLY those who stand in awe of the Eternal will have intimacy with Him, and He will reveal His covenant to them.

I long for the True God who lives. When can I stand before Him and feel His comfort?

Sentinel: I stand guard at the watchtower, Lord, day after day. I never leave my post during the night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psychological Approach or Spiritual Approach?

Boundaries you Cannot See And Cannot Ignore

A Tale of Two Disturbing Poems