Christmas from the Inside Out


I have been thinking how similarly we veil our true selves throughout the year like we also sometimes find the message Christmas veiled to us. The twinkle of the lights and bows of Christmas can distract us from the unwrapping and unbinding of our hearts that God would have for us at this time of year. 

You may have heard one of my favorite descriptions God gives us for our inner world, our true self. He uses the most lavish language he has access to in our English language. I will include a verse before because I love how it speaks of God’s promises:
Isaiah 54
10 “For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake,
But My loving kindness will not be removed from you,
And My covenant of peace will not be shaken,”
Says the LORD who has compassion on you. 
 11 “O afflicted one (fill your name here), storm-tossed, and not comforted,
Behold, I will set your stones in antimony,
And your foundations I will lay in sapphires


12 “Moreover, I will make your battlements of rubies,
And your gates of crystal,
And your entire wall of precious stones


Informed and influenced by Teresa Avila’s “Interior Castle”, in my mind’s eye I see the structure of our inner worlds like the walls and floors and surroundings of an inner room. How grateful I am for the Lords steadfast estimation of me: In His eyes, dripping with lavish beauty. Even when I am messy as can be on the outside, my attention drawn to lesser things. 

Hoping you feel unseen abundance this holiday season, and an authentic sense that Christ has come to restore, reclaim, and re-establish you in true goodness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psychological Approach or Spiritual Approach?

Boundaries you Cannot See And Cannot Ignore

A Tale of Two Disturbing Poems